These are definitely the perfect melt-in-your-mouth cookies! A glass of milk in one hand, a jar of cookies in another and you have the perfect afternoon tea!!
- 250 gms peanuts, roasted and finely grounded
- 250 gms icing sugar
- 375 gms plain flour, sifted
- 1 1/4 cups peanut oil (you can use others if you don’t have peanut oil)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten for glazing
- 60 gms peanuts, roasted and chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, mix grounded peanuts, sugar and flour together.
- Make a well in the centre, add oil to achieve the right consistency for rolling.
- Roll into balls. Place on tray and flatten slightly. Glaze with egg yolk.
- Press a piece of chopped peanut in the centre of each.
- Bake till golden brown.