I’ve always wanted to make a stack of some sort and decided one morning when I got up that this was exactly what I’d do. Since I had leftover strawberries and mixed berry compote from a cake I’d made, I decided to make something for breakfast. I didn’t dare to stack it too high as I was afraid it would collapse when I served it. Next time, I’m gonna attempt to stack 8 pieces together! Haha! :)
- Self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- Mixed berry, either canned or frozen ones
- Caster sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place mixed berries and caster sugar in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat till it softens and thickens. Leave it to cool and refrigerate to be used later.
- Whisk self raising flour, milk, sugar and egg together into a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan with butter over medium heat. Ladle the batter into pan and allow it to brown on both sides.
- Set aside to be used later. In the meantime, slice half the strawberries into thin slices and the remaining into halves.
- On a plate, layer pancakes topped with strawberry slices and berry compote. Top with ice cream and enjoy!