Easter bunny visited our house this easter…actually I should say easter bunnies cause there were two of them! :)
After the hustle and bustle of last week, I actually felt weird having nothing to do on Friday. Being Good Friday and all, most places were closed and we were just feeling moodless..not really wanting to go anywhere. I decided that it was the day to try a recipe (click here for it) I copied from Woman’s Day nearly 2 easters ago but have never had the chance to give it a go – Mini Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Buns. CY loves the choc chip hot cross buns from Banjos and every easter, he’d go there and buy a few bags. Growing up in M’sia, I’ve never had hot cross buns and easter eggs were only stuff we used to get in Sunday School. A couple of my aussie friends were telling me about how easter was celebrated when they were kids. Their parents would would leave a trail of hidden easter eggs around the house and the kids would follow one clue after the other searching for these hidden treasures. I asked Alan if he could make an easter trail for me so I could relive my childhood. Sadly, being unromantic he refused to do it for me😦 . Oh well….as for my buns, they were pretty successful for homemade buns. Soft and fluffy on the inside, with chocolate melting in your mouth when you bite into them. (Sorry for the really sucky photo!) I made 32 in total, but the buns were hot items when they were removed from the oven. The only thing I didn’t like from the recipe were the crosses and in the end I replaced them with my own chocolate icing.
Pan Fried Chicken Breast with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus
- Chicken breast fillets
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bacon rashers
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a pan with olive oil.
- Put chicken breast onto pan and allow it to cook and brown. Place bacon strips on top of the chicken allowing it to season and cook with the chicken.
- Trim off bottom of asparagus and put into the pan. Cut the tomatoes into halves.
- When chicken and asparagus are nearly done, add the tomatoes and olives.
- Dish up, leaving a couple of tomatoes in pan. Mash it up with a spoon and top the sauce onto chicken.
Beer Battered Zucchini Flowers
- Zucchini flowers
- Self-raising flour
- 1 egg white
- Coriander, chopped
- Chili flakes
- White wine vinegar
- Whisk flour, beer and salt to a creamy batter. Whisk egg white and add into batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Batter the zucchini flowers and deep fry till golden.
- Top with coriander, chili flakes and drizzle with white wine vinegar. Serve hot while it’s crispy!
- Pork chops
- White peaches
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C. Heat a pan on medium heat with olive oil. Stick a couple of sage leaves on the pork chop surface.
- Sear it till brown on both sides. Place onto baking tray and bake in oven.
- Halve the peaches. Saute with olive oil and honey. Turn off the heat and add the sage.
- Plate the pork chops, top with peaches and sauce.