- 170 gm all purpose flour
- 100 gm rice flour
- 30 gm corn flour
- 2 tsp double action baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150 gm sugar
- Peanuts, roasted and chopped finely
- Melted butter
- Caster sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together. Add water till a watery batter is formed and flows freely down, then strain and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Ladle some batter onto pan till it coats pan all over especially the edges. Drain off excess batter.
- When batter is no longer wet and runny, brush melted butter over the top and drizzle with sugar and roasted peanuts on one half of the apam balik.
- When the bottom is golden brown, fold the pancake into half and place on plate to cool. It’ll become crispy when it has cooled.