I’m back! it’s been so long since I’ve posted anything up. I’ve done a little bit of cooking here and there but just couldn’t find the time to post things up.
I love this japanese curry! There’s this little shop in Melbourne, along Swanston Street (I think) which sells this amazing dish. One of my closest friend, Shane brought Alan and I there a couple of years ago and I’ve never forgotten the place. They were a really small shop but the queue was all the way out till the street. I’m not sure if they still exist or have grown bigger but all i remember was a big steaming bowl of rice topped with japanese curry and priced only for AUD6!
Ryan was the first one to start cooking this dish at home. After he left for Sydney, I started to cook it. Unfortunately I do not know how to cook it from scratch. We buy this instant pack from the Asian grocer and delicious curry in 30 minutes!
- A pack of golden curry mix
- Chicken thighs
- Prepare steam rice.
- Cut chicken thighs into cubes. Cut the potatoes and carrots into bite size pieces. Cut the onion into quarters.
- Follow the instruction on the pack and bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add in the all the ingredients except for the onions and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Break the curry paste into quarters and slowly mix it into the chicken. Add in the onions and stir. The curry will thicken and if you want to, adjust the taste accordingly.
- Top it on a steaming bowl of steam rice and enjoy!