I got this recipe from the Hawkers’ Fair Simplified book my mum bought me. Krys and I made these together but ours obviously didn’t look as good as the one in the picture. But the taste was nevertheless not compromised. Every piece was wiped out and it was praises all around.
- 2 pieces of soft bean curd
- 2 pieces of egg bean curd
- 150g fish paste
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Carrots, chopped
- Red chillies, chopped (optional)
- Chicken stock granules
- Salt & pepper
- Corn flour & oil for deep frying
- Mash soft and egg bean curd until fine. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased pan and steam in a wok till set.
- Leave aside and allow it to cool.
- Cut into pieces. Coat the pieces with corn flour and deep fry
- Dipping sauce: Mix chilli sauce and mayonnaise in a bowl.