Woohoo! My first homemade birthday cake by Alan! This year is indeed a special birthday celebration for me! Normally, I’m the one making birthday cakes for other people and when it’s my turn, I get a commercially bought cake. So sad, right?! After a lot of hinting and sulking, Alan finally agreed to make his first cake for me
- 2 cups digestive biscuit, crushed into crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 blocks 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 4 oz bittersweet/semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a springform pan with baking paper.
- Mix sugar, melted butter and biscuit crumbs in a large bowl to form sticky “paste”. Spread and flatten out in pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven heat to 150C.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat in condensed milk followed by the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix half the cream cheese batter with the melted chocolate.
- Pour plain and chocolate batter into the baking pan and swirl with a knife or a skewer.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Leave to cool in oven with door opened for 1 hours.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before refrigerating it.
- Decorate and serve.