I came across this recipe on someone’s blog. It sounded really cool…french toast with alcohol. So I thought I’d give it a go and see how it goes. The effect was not too bad, especially if you are an alcoholic 🙂 ! I served it with blueberries compote which I made from some leftover blueberries. I would add a bit more alcohol the next time. My suggestion – use either a coffee based alcohol or something like rum.
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon juice
- Corn flour mixture
- Lightly beat an egg in a bowl. Pour it into a big, flat dish, mix in the milk, alcohol, sugar and salt. Adjust the taste accordingly.
- Heat a frying pan with butter on medium heat.
- Soak bread in egg mixture. Pan fry till medium brown in colour.
- Serve with blueberry compote/cream/ice cream.
- Place ingredients for blueberry compote in a saucepan. Heat till sugar dissolves. Add in corn flour mixture to thicken it. Squeeze in approximately 1 tbsp of lemon juice and stir well. Refrigerate and serve with other things.