Another of my experiments . My colleagues and I went to Casablanca in North Hobart for dinner and one of them had chicken breast which was stuffed with stuff in it. That’s where I got my inspiration from. I ruined 2 pieces of chicken breasts trying to figure out the best way to stuff it. Thank God we bought 4 pieces! :p Anyway, the result surpassed my expectations. A lot of people are not fans of chicken breast fillets as they find it a bit dry. The chicken was a lot juicier with the stuffings, just make sure you don’t overbake it or it’ll become dry.
- 2 pieces chicken breast
- Sundried tomatoes
- Pine nuts
- Basil pesto
- Lemon juice
- Snow peas
- Cracked black pepper
- Chicken stock
- Wash chicken breast and set aside. Preheat the oven to 200C
- Mince sundried tomatoes, then mix with pine nuts and basil pesto in a bowl. Add in 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using a sharp knife, slit a hole slowly through the middle of the chicken breast, forming a pocket. Use a spoon and slowly stuff the hole with the sundried tomatoes mixture. Repeat steps with the other piece of chicken breast.
- Rub the chicken breast pieces with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil. Sear fillets till brown on both side.
- In a baking tray, wash and lay the snow peas. Place chicken breast on top of the peas, pour 1/2 cup of chicken stock over it.
- Place baking tray into oven and bake chicken till cook.
- Remove from oven, arrange snow peas onto serving plate. place fillets on top then ladle some gravy onto chicken. Serve hot.