I’m not too sure if this is an authentic vietnamese dish but it’s served in one of the Vietnamese restaurants here in Hobart and is a favourite of many. My housemate, Krystal came up with her own version and this is a recipe I got off her.
- Chicken thighs, washed and cut to about 1.5 inch pieces
- Soy sauce
- Fish sauce
- Dash of sesame oil
- Garlic flakes, optional
- Lime juice
- Lemon juice
- Fresh Chillies
- Fish Sauce
- White vinegar
- Season chicken thighs with seasoning for at least 1 hour.
- Coat with breadcrumbs and garlic flakes. Deep fry or roast in oven at 200C.
- Mix ingredients for sauce together. Dissolve sugar either by heating mixture in a saucepan or using the microwave. Sauce is sweetish with a touch of sour and spicy. Adjust according to taste.
- Serve with warm rice (I read somewhere you could cook rice with mint leaves) and omelette.