Krystal enjoys surfing food blogs in her free time. She’ll go from one blog onto another and so on and so forth. Then she’ll come tell me how good the food looks and bug me to make. Recently, she had this thing for cupcakes. So, we made this batch during the weekend.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsps vanilla essence
- 250 gm cream cheese
- Icing sugar, according to taste
- Double cream
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Beat butter with electric beater. Add sugar gradually. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Slowly mix into egg mixture. Add milk and vanilla essence. Fold blueberries in lightly. Mix well.
- Spoon into cupcake papers. Bake until set. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Whisk cream cheese with icing sugar. Add double cream bit by bit to form smooth cream cheese frosting.