This custard is a must try for coffee lovers. The flavours blend really well together to bring out the aroma and fragrance of coffee. We served it with the Mocha Tart and since there were leftovers, I made an Apple Crumble which tasted equally as nice with it.
- 2 cups cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- Bring cream and vanilla to just boil in a saucepan.
- Place yolks, sugar and coffee in a bowl and whisk well.
- Gradually add the cream mixture and whisk well.
- Return mixture to saucepan and stir over low heat till custard thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Allow to cool, cling wrap and refrigerate till ready to serve.