2 years ago I was looking to open a stall during the International Fiesta held at uni. I tried out many recipes in order to come out with my final menu. A friend of mine – Ryan had hedgehog slice at the uni cafeteria and loved it. So he went in search for a recipe and passed it on to me to try. The rest, as they say, is history!
- A handful of walnuts/hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- A packet of marie biscuits/digestive biscuits
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 250gm butter
- 1 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- white and dark chocolate
- Crushed biscuits and chopped the nuts to rough pieces.
- Mix biscuits, nuts and coconut in a large bowl.
- Line a square cake tin with clingwrap.
- Melt butter, sugar and cocoa powder in a saucepan. When sugar dissolves, remove from heat and whisk in an egg.
- Pour chocolate mixture over biscuit mixture and mix well. Press tightly into cake tin. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, if possible overnight.
- Melt white chocolate and dark chocolate in a double boiler. Cut slices into squares or rectangles. Drizzle chocolate over the top.