I got this off the latest issue of Donna Hay magazine. For those of you who are interested in gourmet food, the magazine is a must as it entails for different styles of cooking. It’s got simple and basic pasta recipes, as well as some more advanced roasts and stuff. For coffee lovers, you’d love this edition as she’s got great coffee ideas in it.
Mine has been modified according to the ingredients I could get. The recipe uses tarragon leaves but I substituted it with lemon thyme (recommended if we couldn’t get tarragon leaves). Actually, it was by accident I discovered lemon thyme. I’ve never actually seen lemon thyme before as the supermarket only has normal thyme most of the time. I was going through the fresh herbs section searching for thyme and right in front of me was lemon thyme! If you’ve never seen or smelt it before, it’s got these really fresh sorta smell with a hint of lemon. Very nice..!
- Unsalted butter, softened
- Lemon thyme
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken Maryland, skin on
- Chicken stock
- Baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Mix butter, lemon thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Spread the mixture under the skin of the chicken and a little bit on top.
- Heat a frying pan. Add a little olive oil and pan fry the chicken skin side down on high heat until crispy.
- Place baby spinach in a roasting/baking tray. Pour chicken stock over it. Top with the chicken and bake till chicken is cook.