This is the easiest way to fry noodles ever! Seriously, it requires no more than 10 minutes and is cheap to prepare.
- Egg noodles
- Diced bacon
- Spring onions, chopped (the roots only)
- Garlic, minced
- Dried shitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced thinly
- Sesame oil
- Oyster sauce
- Bring a kettle of water to boil. Place noodles in large bowl and soak with the water. Do not boil noodles in water as it’ll become too soggy and won’t taste good.
- Allow noodles to soak for about 2 minutes, then use a fork to untangle it. Further soak for another couple of minutes.
- Once noodles have untangled and looks soft, drain and run it under cold water then toss with sesame oil.
- Place a few mushrooms in a microwave tupperware, add hot water and microwave for about 2 minutes. Drain and slice.
- In the meantime, heat the wok and oil. Add garlic and spring onion, fry till fragrant. Add bacon and mushroom. Lastly add the egg(s).
- Add noodles and seasoning. Adjust taste accordingly. Garnish with spring onions before serving.
- Add any ingredients you want. If you are not into bacon, mince chicken or pork is equally good. I added chicken thighs as there were leftovers from my chinese rice dumplings. If you are using other meat besides bacon, pre-season it with salt, pepper, soy and oyster sauce.